Library Memberships & Guidelines
- A book will be issued to the borrower against production of library card issued by library.
- Library borrower card is not transferable.
- Member should not borrow defective / damaged books. while returning such a book member will be held responsible and charged as per the rules mentioned below.
- The Member (students) should produce his/her library card for borrowing books , failing which the library staff can refuse to issue books to him/her.
- The borrower card of a student will remain valid for the period mentioned on the borrower card.
- All members should obtain a ‘No Due’ certificate for issuing of original certificates for other purpose after surrendering the library borrower card also paying any dues outstanding against them, if any.
- All members should return the books borrowed from the library before they proceed on a long period of leave and obtain a ‘No Due‘ certificate from the library.
Number of books and Loan Period
||Number of Books
- An over due charge of Rs. 1.00 per day per volume will be collected for returning the books after the due date borrowed by them.
- The Loan period may be shortened by the librarian if the books are on special demand.
- Books given for loan may be renewed for a further period provided no other reader has reserved the same.
- A member can reserve a book which is on loan, by filling a prescribed form available at circulation section.
- The Librarian reserves the right to recall any books from any member at any time.
|All regular teaching staff
|Technical and supportive staff and others
|B Tech. students
|Book Bank scheme
LIBRARY MATERIAL – NOT FOR CIRCULATION
- Reference Books, Serial Publications, Reserve Books
- Thesis & Dissertations, CDs/DVDs
- Loose issues and bound volumes of periodicals.
Loss of Borrower Identity Card & Books
- The Members are responsible for Library borrower card. Loss of Library borrower card should be reported to the circulation section immediately. Duplicate Library borrower card will be issued on payment of Rs. 50/- after two weeks time from the date of application on verification
- Loss of book by the borrower should be reported to the Circulation immediately to avoid fine. Further, borrower shall either replace the book or bear its cost.
- If the replace is not done within 15 days, the defaulter will be charged 3 times the cost of the book, if the book is in print, or 4 times the cost of the book, if the book is out of print.
- If the book of a multi volume set is damaged or lost the member concerned shall be liable to replace the whole set or pay 4 times the cost of the same.
- Internet facility is open for the registered users of the Library only. No outsider will be allowed to use this facility.
- Users should produce the Library Identity Card at Information Desk (circulation Counter) and collect the same after browsing.
- Users are advised to make use of this facility only to support their academic and research activities.
- Requested to make way to the others to use the facility.
- Users should enter the name and other details in the register before browsing the Internet. Maximum time for browsing is restricted to 5-10minutes only.
- It is our collective responsibility, as far as the safety of the systems is concerned. Please bring to the notice of the Librarian any misuse of the systems.
- The facility is available between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm on all working days.
- Librarian reserves the right to stop extending this facility to a person found misusing, apart from initiating action as per the rules by the college Authorities.
- Members shall observe silence in the reading halls.
- Don’t use cell phone in the Library.
- Members shall not engage in conversation in any part of the library so as to cause annoyance to any other reader.
- Members shall not smoke, eat, or spit in any part of the library.
- Members shall not write upon, damage or mark any book belonging to the library.
- Members shall not shelve books and periodicals as that disturb the prescribed order.
- Members are responsible for any damage caused by them to the books or any other property belonging to the library and shall be required to pay the penalty imposed upon them by the Librarian.
- The members caught tearing pages/stealing of books will be suspended forthwith from using the library facilities and further disciplinary action will be initiated against them by the college.
- Members shall not bring personal belongings (including Books and other printed material) and library books borrowed by them inside the library.
- Members leaving the library should stop at the exit so that the material borrowed or taken out of the library by them may be checked.
- Upon any infringement of the library rules members shall forfeit the privileges of admission and membership of the library.
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any member found misbehaving, abusing the library staff or behaving in an indecent manner.